Welcome to the Defiance City School Treasurer's Page.
Roles and Responsibilities of the School Treasurer:
The role of an effective treasurer encompasses a multitude of responsibilities, each essential to the fiscal health of the district.
• Fiscal leaders and advisor who provide sound financial guidance that assists the district leadership team in the decision-making process;
• Financial managers who clearly understand the economic resources and collaborate with district leadership in their management;
• Managers of capital and financial assets who, through their fiscal leadership, are charged with the guardianship of these assets;
- Section One: Ohio Standards for School Treasurers These Ohio Standards for School Treasurers will serve as:
• An overview of the expectations of leadership, management, communication, collaboration and professionalism for Ohio’s school treasurers;
• An instrument for the effective professional development of school treasurers; and
• Criteria for measurement of standard compliance.
• Communicators and collaborators who disseminate and articulate the financial status of
the district; and
• Professionals who adhere to established ethical standards. School treasurers are
entrusted with protecting the fiscal health of the district.
To perform these roles and responsibilities, they must execute their duties with the utmost conscientiousness, collaboration and ethical behavior; additionally, they must possess an extensive set of skills and knowledge. Treasurers exhibit the dispositions of effective leadership through collaboration. Treasurers lead by demonstrating and nurturing high levels of trust based on their competence, integrity, ethics and high expectations.
If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com or call 419-782-9452.